When it comes to permanent makeup, misconceptions abound. Everyone has at least one wrong idea about what microblading is and what it’s for. This article is here to explain, once and for all, everything you need to know about eyebrow microblading.
Permanent makeup was developed to address two growing concerns: one, people wanted to look good; two, people didn’t have time to look good. But now, by getting permanent makeup, people can focus on doing what they love, all while looking naturally beautiful.
Keep reading to find out more about permanent eyebrow makeup.
What is eyebrow microblading?
Eyebrow microblading refers to the semi-permanent tattoo procedure that fills in, reshapes, or recolors a person’s eyebrows. Microblading itself is a tattoo technique. It uses tiny strokes to create incisions in the skin. Microblading artists then deposit ink pigments into the skin to create the desired effect.
Permanent eyebrow makeup can change the color or shape of your brows. The effect lasts up to two years with the proper aftercare and maintenance.
Here’s a short video of eyebrow microblading to demonstrate the process behind it:
View this post on Instagram
Wake up with Opmakeup ! organic pigments Absolutely no pain no bleeding. Call us now for free Consultation (310)-207-7797 Make online appointment now https://opmakeup.com/online-appointment/ Our Services list https://opmakeup.com/services/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org #permanentmakeup #pmu #organicpermanentmakeup #eyebrowmicroblading #eyebrows #losangeles #browsonfleek #medical #microblading #beauty #pmuartist #makeup #beautyblogger #beverlyhills #organic #permanentcosmetics #tattoo #hairstrokes #micropigmentation #brows #cosmetictattoo #pmuartist #microbladingcalifornia #3deyebrows #ombrebrows #makeup #mua #pmubrows #microblading#microbladingeyebrows #permanentmakeup #microblading #brows #browsonfleek #browshaping #makeupartist #microbladingeyebrows #microblading
What are the advantages of eyebrow microblading?
- Use your time more efficiently. Getting eyebrows ready in the morning can take up as much as 30 minutes to an hour of a client’s time. And who doesn’t want an extra hour in their day? By getting eyebrow microblading, clients can use that time to get more sleep, go for a run, or spend time with their loved ones.
- Save up on money. Permanent eyebrow makeup may seem like a big investment, but it actually saves up on money in the long run. When clients compute how much they spend on eyebrow products, from grooming tools to eyebrow pomade, gel, and powder, microblading price tags don’t seem that big anymore.
- Natural beauty. Clients can step out in nothing but their permanent makeup and still look good. Microblading is also a good option if they’re not fans of full makeup but don’t want to look dull or pale.
- Long-lasting makeup. Permanent makeup has a life span of two years. Plus, instead of reapplying makeup every few hours, clients only need to come back for an annual touchup.
- No downtime after the procedure. Other invasive cosmetic treatments require patients to take a day off or two to recover. Microblading, on the other hand, does not. Clients will only need to block off an hour or two of their day to get the procedure done.
Who are the ideal clients for eyebrow microblading?
Anyone who likes combining convenience and beauty should consider microblading.
In particular, clients who fit the following criteria are recommended to get permanent eyebrow makeup:
- Busy clients who don’t have time to put on makeup but still need to look presentable
- Clients who don’t enjoy or want to learn how to put on makeup
- Clients who like filled in, natural-looking eyebrows
Unfortunately, there are also clients who cannot get microblading. Those with the following conditions are not eligible for permanent makeup:
- Transmittable blood diseases (e.g. HIV, hepatitis)
- Skin complications and diseases
- With fillers, Juvederm, or Botox in the desired treatment area
- Undergoing chemotherapy
- Extremely oily skin
- Allergic to numbing agents
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
Note that underage clients are also not allowed to get permanent makeup.
How much does eyebrow microblading cost?
Eyebrow microblading costs $500 per session.
Why is eyebrow microblading so expensive?
Microblading fees pay for the microblading artist’s expertise, skills, and experience, not to mention the premium ink pigments, specialized permanent makeup tools, and the topical numbing agents.
NOTE: Beware of microblading clinics and artists that offer services with too-good-to-be-true prices. Consider what part of the service they are compromising to be able to offer such low prices.
Why are touch-ups required?
Microblading fades with time, like all tattoo inks. Touch-ups keep clients’ eyebrows looking freshly done.
Does microblading hurt?
Given the topical numbing agents used before the procedure, microblading will only present mild discomfort in the client. There is extremely little to no pain involved.
How does microblading aftercare work?
With regards to taking care of microbladed eyebrows, remember to avoid contact with pretty much anything. That includes:
- Human skin, especially if dirty
- Any liquid, like water, sweat, blood, tears
- Harsh weather conditions, like extreme wind.
- Extreme sunlight
- Any chemical, like makeup, face creams, etc.
- Animal fur
For more information about post-care, visit our guide to microblading aftercare.
When will the eyebrows heal?
Microblading procedures typically take 4 to 6 weeks to heal completely. Note, however, that some factors may slow down the healing process, like advanced age and improper aftercare.
Eyebrow microblading is an ideal procedure for clients who want to look good but not waste time on making themselves look good.
Think we missed important information? Shoot us a question in the comments, and we’d be more than glad to answer!